What is Lipogems®?
Lipogems® is a procedure that uses your own body’s adipose (fat) tissue to cushion and support areas of injury or damage as your body heals itself. The fat tissues can be removed from the abdomen or thigh areas and then precisely injected into the injured areas.
Why use fat tissue?
Lipogems® considers fat tissue to be a structural tissue, with functional characteristics for reconstruction, repair, or replacement that relates to its utility to cushion and support other tissue. Fat tissue has many components that are regenerative in nature that help promote a healing environment throughout the body. These components are regenerative cells, cytokines and growth factors.
Advantages and Characteristics of Lipogems®
- Compliance: Lipogems® is an FDA-approved method that gently micro-fragments the adipose tissue while preserving the cell and tissue micro-architecture.
- Convenience: Lipogems® is a disposable, closed-loop system processing kit containing all necessary harvesting tools that are convenient for clinics and surgical settings. Its single-use kit can be used to process plentiful volume of tissue for multiple treatment sites.
- Easily Accessible with Sustained Support: The result of the procedure has good fluidity, containing structural tissues that can be injected through a small gauge needle with sustained support mechanism, acting as a natural structural tissue. Because the Lipogems® process microfragments your fat, Lipogems stays in the area where it is injected instead of being reabsorbed, allowing your body to maximize the benefits of Lipogems® for a longer period of time.
- Short Procedure Time: The procedure takes less than 1 hour from preparation to injection (could be less in conjunction with arthroscopy).
- Minimally Invasive Technique: Through a small incision in the skin typically in the abdomen, a 17 gauge blunt infiltration cannula is used to anesthetize subcutaneous fat tissue with a dilute saline/lidocaine/epinephrine solution (local anesthesia) and a 13 gauge blunt aspiration cannula is used to collect the adipose tissue with a vacuum syringe.
- Wash and Rinse: Lipogems® is a closed-loop system that uses only normal saline. It uses mild, mechanical forces exerted on the tissue in saline solution in order to reduce the traumatic action on the tissue.
- Gentle Processing: The unique Lipogems® process resizes the tissue in order to optimize tissue survivability in the treatment site, while preserving the natural structural properties of your fat.
Come visit our clinic and see if Lipogems® is right for you.