REASONS YOU MAY NEED ARP WAVE THERAPY
- AVOIDING SURGERY-NON SURGICAL TREATMENTS
- ATHLETE’S LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- POST SURGICAL REHABILITATION
ACCELERATED RECOVERY PERFORMANCE (ARP) THERAPY
is a system of technology and protocols that uses a patented bio-electrical current simultaneously with active range-of-motion and other exercise techniques to speed up the body’s natural recuperative ability.
ARPWAVE IS A CLASS 2 MEDICAL DEVICE, APPROVED BY THE FDA.
Indications for ARP therapy include all muscle related injuries and pain with the following treatment goals.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention and retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increase of local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education
- Maintaining and increasing range of motion
In addition to non-surgical treatment and performance training the ARP Wave can also be used in Post Surgical Rehabilitation to accelerate muscle rehabilitation of the following:
- Implanted Electrical devices (pacemakers)
- History of blood clots
RESULTS OF TREATMENT
Dr. Darr will be monitoring the outcomes of your treatment through a variety of means. We ask that you assist us in this process, by keeping notes over the course of your 11 days of treatment. Please feel free to utilize the record provided for this purpose and bring this with you on each day of your treatment, as it will help you in providing information to the clinical team during your treatment visits. Additionally, as Dr. Darr is committed to the advancement of clinical research related to integrative orthopedic medicine (Orthobiologics), he is conducting research related to ARPWave therapy and offering this opportunity to his patients
ARPWAVE THERAPY – WHAT TO EXPECT: INSTRUCTIONS FROM DR. DARR
ARP Therapy will occur over the course of 11 days. You should plan on the following:
- Wear comfortable gym-style clothing, as your sessions will require you to move. Additionally the clinical staff will need to place the electrodes onto your body and also move the electrodes as they find areas known as “hot spots” that need to be treated.
- You will be asked to rate the intensity of the electrical stimulation throughout the process, to help assess the location of your problem areas. The process can be intense, but it is tolerable to most patients.
As these sessions are demanding, it is important that you take measures to help your body recover. This includes:
- Adequate rest throughout this therapy, at least 8 hours sleep each night
- Avoiding/limiting alcohol consumption. Eating healthy meals with adequate protein. Depending on your individual case, we may recommend that you increase your protein consumption during treatment.
- We will also ask you to complete a questionnaire about your symptoms and issues related to your clinical problem at the following times: 1) prior to the beginning of the therapy, 2) at the completion of the therapy and 3) again at certain follow-up visits to assist us in measuring the outcomes of your treatment. Dr. Darr and other clinical staff will also be assessing various clinical measures to evaluate your clinical response to treatment as well.
At Covington Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, we recognise that not every patient is right for ARPWave Therapy Treatment. Dr Kevin Darr offers a wide range of therapy and treatments for patients in the Covington and Metairie, Louisiana area to ensure that patients get the appropriate treatment that they need. If you are a patient looking for a pain relief treatment or therapy and think that ARPWave is the right therapy treatment for you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at either our Covington or Metairie clinics.